A: Tinnahinch, Co. Carlow
Daily, daylight hours
Tinnahinch Castle is a fortified house which was built around 1615 by James Butler who later lost his lands because of his involvement in the Confederate War of 1641.
It was built to control a crossing where a wooden bridge once spanned the Barrow.
The last occupant of the house, “Mad Butler’, was burnt out of the house, through scandals involving his own family around the year 1700 and has lain that way ever since.