The Barrow. Our River Your Journey

Select a Category >>
St. Mullins quayside

St. Mullins

The peaceful village of St. Mullins in South Carlow is situated on the River Barrow, nestling between the Blackstairs Mountains on one side and Brandon Hill on the other. The …

Woodville Garden.

Woodville House and Gardens

T: +353 (0)51 422957 - W: www.woodvillegardens.ie

Woodville House and Gardens are situated on a working farm just two miles from New Ross, Co. Wexford. The Georgian house belongs to the Roche Family who have lived here …

Burtown House & Gardens

Burtown House

T: Lesley or James Fennell +353 (0)59 8623148
+353 (0)86 2631485 - W: www.burtownhouse.ie

Burtown House, an early Georgian villa with late Georgian additions, is surrounded by lush flower, vegetable and woodland gardens with beautiful parkland walks. It is unusual in that it is …

Arlington House

Portarlington

Lea Castle Lea Castle, located on the Dublin road just outside of Portarlington. It was built circa 1260 by William de Vesey and was protected to the north by the …

Interior of Carlow County Museum

Carlow County Museum

T: +353 (0)59 9131554 - W: www.carlowcountymuseum.ie

Carlow County Museum brings to life the story of Carlow’s development through the ages. Among the displays are exhibitions featuring the beautifully hand carved nineteenth century wooden pulpit from Carlow …

map of wexford driving routes

South East Driving Routes

T: + 353 (0) 59 9131554 - Carlow Tourist Office

Rolling mountains and river valleys. Brushing hedgerows, Blue Flag beaches, lingering lunch stops and random detours leading to discoveries you’ll talk about for years to come. There’s nothing like driving …

Carlow Castle

Carlow Castle

Carlow Castle, now a ruin stands on the eastern bank of the River Barrow. It is thought to have been built by William Marshall, Earl of Pembroke and Lord of …

The John F Kennedy Arboretum

John F Kennedy Arboretum

T: + 353 (0) 51 388171 - W: www.heritageireland.ie

Dedicated to the memory of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, President of the United States from 1960 to 1963, the Arboretum is a plant collection of international standing. It covers 252 hectares …

Monasterevin Lifting Bridge

Monasterevin

St. Evin Monasterevin takes its name from St. Evin who became abbot of the monastery here in the 6th century. St. Evin brought a number of monks with him from his …

Tinnahinch Castle & Weir - Graiguenamanagh

Tinnahinch Castle

Tinnahinch Castle is a fortified house which was built around 1615 by James Butler who later lost his lands because of his involvement in the Confederate War of 1641. It was …